The ‘‘Target Date’ is a tool in the worklist that helps users manage OCF timelines. HCAI automatically accounts for statutory holidays when it calculates the number of days left until the response is due for plans. Plans count down in business days (Monday to Friday), and if a statutory holiday falls during this time, the target date for plans is automatically adjusted. Invoices count down in calendar days and their target date is not impacted by statutory holidays or weekends.
Below is the full list of upcoming statutory holidays that will be automatically accounted for in HCAI for plans:
- In Lieu of New Year’s Day* – Monday, January 2, 2023
- Family Day – Monday, February 20, 2023
- Good Friday – Friday, April 7, 2023
- Victoria Day – Monday, May 22, 2023
- Labour Day – Monday, September 4, 2023
- Thanksgiving – Monday, October 9, 2023
- Christmas Day – Monday, December 25, 2023
- Boxing Day – Tuesday, December 26, 2023
- New Year’s Day – Monday, January 1, 2024
* When a statutory holiday falls on a Sunday, the next day is considered a holiday in lieu for plans.
Please note, the above information is provided to help clarify HCAI functionality. Adjusters should review the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule directly to determine when a form is due.