HCAI Update – HCAI 2023: The Year Ahead / January 10, 2023
In 2023, HCAI will continue to focus on security enhancements and functionality to address feedback received from our insurer user community. The year ahead will feature two system releases, in the spring and fall.
System Release 3.29 – Live April 3, 2023
HCAI’s System Release 3.29 includes advancements to two-factor authentication and functionality that will address insurer requests. This spring, users can look forward to the following updates:
Upcoming Two-Factor Authentication Enhancements
- To continue our focus on maturing HCAI security, we will begin the rollout of two-factor authentication for all users following the implementation of HCAI System Release 3.29 in April of 2023.
- Users will have the option to receive their verification code via email or text message.
- Users who do not have the User Administrator role will also have the option to indicate that their device is trusted, to reduce the frequency that a verification code is required.
New “My Profile” Tab
- A new “My Profile” tab will be available for all users in HCAI. It will display the user’s profile information in read-only mode. It will also contain a section called “Contact Details for Authentication” which will indicate the email address and/or cellular phone number to be used for two-factor authentication purposes.
- Every user should access this tab to review their contact information in advance of two-factor authentication rollout. Ensure the email address associated with your profile is accurate. If desired, users can also add a cell phone number on My Profile to receive verification codes via text. All other user account updates, including the user email address, continue to be performed by your User Administrator.
Claimant ID Added to OCFs
- Per insurer request, the Insurer Claimant Information section on all OCFs will be updated to display the Claimant ID. This information was previously only displayed on the Claimant Details screen. Now users will instantly see the Claimant ID when reviewing the OCFs, without having to exit the window and perform a Claimant search.
- HCAI is enhancing the look of the OCF 21B invoice. OCF processes will not change, but minor improvements in layout and function will offer a better user experience.
Important Information for Integrating Insurers
System Release 3.29 will be a non-integration impacting release. There will be no schema changes and no Technical Document published for this release. Schemas published for Release 3.28 as of October 3, 2022 are still valid and are the most up-to-date.
- As part of the ongoing maturing of HCAI security, some older cipher suites are being phased out to align with industry practices. More information was distributed on January 5th in a separate communication for your technical teams.
- It is strongly recommended that integrating insurers regression test their systems.
- The official testing period will be January 23, 2023 to February 24, 2023. Insurer leads will receive an email with the link to the new test environment and details about the official testing period.
- A Q&A teleconference will take place on February 16, 2023 to address any questions technical teams may have. Insurer leads will be emailed an invitation to pass along to interested technical resources.
System Release 3.30 – October 2023
System Release 3.30 is planned to go live in October with no impact to integration. More information about enhancements and the system unavailability window will be communicated throughout the year.
Planned HCAI System Unavailability
In preparation for Release 3.29, the following system unavailability window is planned:
Friday, March 31 – Monday, April 3, 2023
- The HCAI system will be unavailable from 5:00 p.m. (EDT) on Friday, March 31, 2023 and is expected to resume active status at 8:00 a.m. (EDT) on Monday, April 3, 2023.
- Insurers must have all of their transactions successfully processed by 4:59 p.m. (EDT) Friday, March 31, 2023.
- Share this HCAI Update with individuals at your organization who interact with the HCAI system.
- Keep checking HCAIinfo – HCAI’s dedicated eLearning resource site – over the coming months for more information.