HCAI 2022: The Year Ahead / January 27, 2022
HCAI typically has two system releases per year, and 2022 is no exception. The year ahead will include one release in the spring, one in the fall. Release 3.27 goes live on May 2nd 2022, and Release 3.28 is scheduled to go live in October. The first release has aspects that may impact Practice Management Software (PMS) and HCAI is actively communicating with vendors to ensure they are aware of all changes. This year, HCAI will continue to focus on operational maturity and improving the application to ensure a positive user experience.
Here’s what you can look forward to in 2022:
Updates to CCI/ICD-10-CA Codes
The CCI and ICD-10-CA codes will be updated in HCAI to the 2021 version of the Canadian Institute for Health Information’s (CIHI) codes. Once Release 3.27 goes live, the updated code descriptions will be available to select on OCFs.
As a reminder, within your OCF, you can use the Code Search tool in the ‘Code’ column by clicking the blue "..." ellipsis button to open the search window. From there, you may further drill down your search, locate the code needed and click the “Add” button.
Brushing up on Your HCAI Knowledge
This year, consider adding a review of the HCAI Bootcamp resources to your New Year’s resolutions. Here you will find:
- Bootcamp Videos that cover all of the basics
- A demonstration of an OCF created and submitted via HCAI
- Pages on tips and best practices
- Easy-to-read infographics that answer your most frequently asked questions at a glance
Whether you’re an experienced HCAI user or a newly enrolled facility, the HCAI Bootcamp will equip you with the most up to date knowledge concerning the HCAI system.
As usual, an HCAI outage is needed before every new system release to implement the changes. In preparation for Release 3.27, the following system unavailability window is planned:
Friday, April 29 – Monday, May 2, 2022
- The HCAI system will be unavailable from 5:00 p.m. (EDT) Friday, April 29, 2022 and is expected to resume active status at 8:00 a.m. (EDT) Monday, May 2, 2022.
- Every facility must have their transactions successfully processed by 4:59 p.m. (EDT) Friday, April 29, 2022.
- Share this HCAI Update with individuals at your facility who interact with the HCAI application.
- Keep checking HCAIinfo – HCAI’s dedicated eLearning resource site – over the coming months for more information.